Search This Blog

Ciggie on FB!

Affiliate Program ”Get Money from your Website”

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It’s Over...


Eved as I wride dis, I amb suwounded by tishues, hab-full bugs ob lebon-honey tea, hab a throbbig headech, and amb feeling generally burderous. I HADE beig ILL... For those of you who don’t know, it’s ‘Winter’ in Nairobi, and I have fallen victim to her in big style. Indeed, not even my own mother could pretend that I looked remotely attractive right now, what with my Maasai blanket on (on top of a shawl and a jumper), my hair begging for shampooing, and my damp face, as I walk around the house breathing in and out through my dose. THIS is what husbands are for. They are for those times when you’re ill and look like unpalatable versions of their grandma, when they alone can manage the lie that you look cute, and bring you mugs of hot, soothing beverages in bed...

Funnily enough, this last month of illness (it started with a stomach bug) has coincided with my meeting the best group of prospects ever, so far. And one of them will be descending on Nairobi at the end of July! I’m excited, I’m scared, I’m... I don’t know, but I’m looking forward to it.

Due to ‘Irreconcilable Differences’, I have decided to put my feelings for X, and our entire relationship on hold. Actually... he’s sulking, because I’ve been too ill to send him my usual infatuated messages –and I suddenly can’t deal. It seems the cold has clouded my nose, but cleared my brain: I don’t want a sulky husband I have to pander to, praise and reassure every three minutes, after all. I would already have CHILDREN to deal with, in an ideal situation.  Watch this space, though...

Of my three new prospects, two sound too good to be true –which usually means that they are, but you never know. One is a father (caring, affectionate, sensitive), the other single and mingling (interesting, opinionated, very hot), and the third seems to have a hair fetish, and has already invited me into his bed, for which I have had to minus three million points. He has also, however, been extremely open and candid in his very long, well written messages, which I have very much appreciated (plus three million points.) Hmmhh.
Finally, I’ve just had a notice that I’ve been noticed by a very, very hot Lebanese man –with an empty profile. Are things looking up, though? I think they just might be!

In other news, I have been invited to contribute to a book (“Ditch the Publisher? 50 Indie Authors on their Unique Self-Publishing Journeys” by Hayley Sherman, and am very excited by this opportunity –though the deadline is soon, and I’m not sure what I’ve put together is good enough yet. Ahhhh writers. It never IS good enough. The crunch comes when you have to click that ‘Send’ button with a shaking finger. Should I check one more time? F it. Let it go. But... did I spell check? COME ON!!! More on this anon.

Still In Pursuit...

No comments: